Monday, September 04, 2006

Please Remember Marty & Her Family

Many of you are familiar with "Marty" from the blog "On The Homefront". I first became acquainted with her when I came across her blog "Letters From Baghdad" where she posted letters she received from her son who is serving in Iraq. She received a very frightening email from her son (he's ok) which she posted part of on her blog. You can read it here. I just wanted to ask all of you to keep her and her family close in your thoughts and prayers and give her some words of encouragement. I don't know how she and other families deal with this. They are made of better stuff than I. We need to put more pressure on our party to come out squarely against the continued occupation of Iraq and get our men and women the heck out of there.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:07:00 PM , Blogger Marty said...

Thanks Beth. We do it...one day at a time....and with a little help from friends at Military Families Speak Out. Tomorrow we are attending a Town Hall Meeting on the impeachment of GW. Ann Wright will be there and some Iraq vets...I'll post on it as soon as I can...Take care...

 
At Monday, September 04, 2006 12:38:00 AM , Blogger Chuck said...

Hi Marty! I'm always thinking about you & your boy. Hang in there. He's coming home safe & sane!!!

That was really nice E!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home