Friday, August 04, 2006

i have been tagged:

1: One book that changed your life:
johnny got his gun - dalton trumbo
i read it in the 7th grade and it radicalized me.

2: One book you have read more than once:
besides the above - 1984 by George Orwell

3: One book you would want on a desert island:
---more than one ---- the complete works of Charles Dickens

4: One book that made you laugh:
Running With Scissors Augusten Burroughs

5: One book you wish had been written:
an advance copy of "MY LIFE" ---- there's things I would have done differently!

6: One book you wish had never had been written:
cant think of any. I'd remove a few chapters of "MY LIFE" but other than that.....

7: One book that made you cry:
Cry the Beloved Country - Alan Paton

8: One book you are currently reading:
Just finished All Over Creation by Ruth Ozeki

9: One book you have been meaning to read:
A Dance to the Music of Time by Anthony Powell

10: Now tag five people:
on the homefront
dostoys contemplations

skinny legs and all
deep thought
the Sappho Manifesto

4 Comments:

At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:04:00 AM , Blogger billie said...

yup- you did it exactly right. i have never heard of any of these books. guess i had better get my hini down to the library :)

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 1:19:00 AM , Blogger Marty said...

I read 1984 and On the Beach in high school. I had to write a report comparing the two. I need to reread those. I've now tagged 5 people.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 7:02:00 AM , Blogger Eli Blake said...

The first three I recognize. Never read, "Johnny got his gun," though I've wanted to. Dickens-- you are my type of person.

The last seven I do not.

OK, now here's the lemon:

I should warn you that I'm always the guy who breaks the chain when I get a chain letter. Maybe it's because my master's degree is in mathematical statistics so I have a deep understanding of combinatorial mathematics and why it is inevitable that the chain will be broken, or maybe it's because I've always waited to see whether the promised curse will materialize when I break the chain (that's at least four serious accidents, a case of Ebola and half a dozen deaths that I'm still waiting for from breaking chain letters), or maybe it's because I'm too darn lazy, but for whatever reason I plead guilty to being the lemon in your lineup.

Take care. Enjoyed your blog.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:00:00 PM , Blogger EAPrez said...

You can be the lemon Eli - I don't mind - I usually delete these kinds of things myself but this was about one of my great loves - BOOKS! I always learn something reading your blog - my God where do you find the time to write all that you do? So tell me, if you don't mind...as a mathmetical statistician - what do you do in life?.......and mathematically speaking...hows the outcome of the Nov elections looking - mathematically??? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home