Saturday, December 31, 2005

In this spirit of annual accounting, I advocate finding a few minutes for your own personal year-in-review.

Get a pen. Check out the form below. Clip it. Or print it. I guarantee that if you fill in the blanks, you'll realize some things about your 2005 you had only half registered before.

When you consciously review your year, you may notice how little you noticed it as it whizzed past. To review is to re-view. To rewind, pause, look again. And in looking again, to see more clearly.

You may be astonished by how much happened. And how much didn't. By how much has changed. And how much hasn't. You may laugh or sigh to notice that your life remains its usual jumble of contradictions.

PERSONAL YEAR IN REVIEW

In 2005, I gained (this does not mean WEIGHT unless you want it to__________________.

I lost (this does not mean WEIGHT unless you want it to)______________.

I stopped ____________________.

I started____________________________.

I was hugely satisfied by____________________.

And frustrated by ___________________________.

I am so embarrassed that I ___________________.

Once again, I_________________________.

Once again, I did not_____________________.

The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is_________________________.

The biggest psychological difference between me last December and this
December is _________________________.

I loved spending time _______________________.

Why did I spend even two minutes_________________?

I should have spent more time______________________.

I regret buying __________________.

I will never regret buying_________even though with that money I could have bought __________________.

I __________________________ way too much.

I didn't _____________________________ enough.

________________________drove me crazy.

Was_________________crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?

The most relaxing place I went was:

I feel so_____________________when I write that down.

Why did I go to:

The best thing I did for someone else was:

The best thing I did for myself was :

The best thing someone did for me was:

The one thing I'd like to do again, but do it better, is:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home